New tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonesy99

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys, i was lucky enough to find a large 36"x24"x16" tank (56 gallons). It is empty but previously had coldwater fish. For £80, this is a bargain. And its got a hood and i think 2 x t5 ho lights dunno why though. Just wanted to ask what equiptment do i need for the cycling process only the essentials, and when cycled what fish corals etc can i put in there :) what accessories would you reccommend and lastly i expect i will need a large amount of live rock, how much ? :/. For anyone on here who lives in the uk selling or who knows of someone selling please get in contact :D
Jordan

I usually aim for between 1.5 and 2.0 lbs for each gallon. You can get like 90% base rock and 10% live rock, it will save you a fortune. :)

I would have all the rock you intend on putting in before you cycle. That way all the rock goes through it at the same time and the die off from any live rock will help with the cycle.

Yeah deff will save you money by ony buying a smaller amount of I've rock. I didnt do that and I think I put $100 into live rock.

Back
Top Bottom