New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes! Tank is up and running. Getting the shrimp to start the cycle tonight.

Attachments

• 1390578987426.jpg
    1390578987426.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 85
How do I get the bubbling/gurgling to stop at filter sock?
a5epypyp.jpg

I would say about the same distance. Does it have to do with the siphon?

How do I get the water level above that side hole with out turning the pump down?

Attachments

• 1390603917252.jpg
    1390603917252.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 79
Well a quick update. Did my first water test. Ammonia is. 25ppm I am on my way!!!

So what does everyone use to move fish? I feel like I'm talking to myself here!

I use a hang on breeder box for my small systems and just a 2 gallon bucket I use to add water when I'm doing wc's in my 2 40 bs

That is the siphon that goes down to the filter sock
Well. To me then it would seem you have the hole(siphon break) on the wrong elbow then.

Disregard. I was still thinking return. I'm not familiar with that type of siphon.

Well now the tank is up and running I need to start thinking about food. Any suggestions!?

+1 on the homemade food. just make a tester sample and give it 2-3 weeks. you'll start to wonder why you ever bothered with premade frozen food.

Once you freeze it in the bag, do you just break off a piece and thaw it in tank water and the dump it in?

my standard procedue is to press it thin as possible in the ziplock bag before freezing it, freeze it, then use something to break it into pieces, i then pull out the chunk i want, soak it in tank water for 5-10 minutes, then use a turkey baster to feed it. i have livestock at just about every level of the tank so i need to get some of it down towards the bottom, hence the turkey baster.

Back
Top Bottom