New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I meant inside the display tank not in your sump. Sorry for being vague.

How do I get the water level above that side hole with out turning the pump down?
You don't. It's supposed to be there. As far as noise in the sump, try putting an elbow on the end of the drain. If that doesn't work and you don't want to turn down the pump, I would consider sound deadening material on the inside of the stand. Celotex insulation sheets from home depot might be of use.

I tried getting pvc pipe for the end but the pipe on the overflow itself is a weird size. Nothing fits. I am getting a lot of salt creep on my skimmer do to the bubbling.

i HATE salt creep... the single most annoying part of sw. thank you to Mr. X, im plagued with the "noisy drain" syndrome. im now going to go home after work and place an elbow on my drain, that should help.

Dumb question. Will I have to add another shrimp to decay in my tank while cycling or will one be enough?

I tried getting pvc pipe for the end but the pipe on the overflow itself is a weird size. Nothing fits. I am getting a lot of salt creep on my skimmer do to the bubbling.

I used a piece of end cap on my drain as well with a hole drilled in to the topside of it...tank is in tv room and needed to quite things down! Works perfectly, will never totally make it quite thou

Well tested the water last night and I have. 25 nitrites. The cycle continues.

Stocking options! What would look good in a 75gal? I'm getting two Ora clowns. I want a gobie of some sort but can't decide and don't know when I can add him. And other ideas? Oh I want a reef tank and my wife wants a dwarf angel.. Any suggestions on that?

Stocking options! What would look good in a 75gal? I'm getting two Ora clowns. I want a gobie of some sort but can't decide and don't know when I can add him. And other ideas? Oh I want a reef tank and my wife wants a dwarf angel.. Any suggestions on that?

Looking for colorful fish or...?

Coral beauty for dwarf angel. Just keep it fed and you shouldn't have any issues.

Add your more peaceful fish first, and I would add the clowns last because most are just plain mean. Angels are not always reef safe and may pick at your corals so just keep that in mind because catching one isn't fun once it's in the tank

Size that you pick them up at is random and cost is determined by what type.

At what point is it good to add a sand sifting gobie?
best to wait for your sand bed to mature a bit. Very peacefully fish for the most part so can be added anytime.

Depending on the clown variety they can be added first. Some are aggressive but not all. Maroon clowns are aggressive for example.

So as of yesterday here are my results I have been getting.

Attachments

• 1391525896833.jpg
    1391525896833.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 104
Well here is my current test result. What do you think? I believe I'm cycled but I don't wanna rush....

Attachments

• 1392079548637.jpg
    1392079548637.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 106
Back
Top Bottom