New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Check out live aquaria, nano fish - it will show recommended tank size. I would say one fish only from the list and a couple of inverts :)

This is my first reef tank, and my first fishs are ocellaris clownfish. They're beautifull, and have great behaviours IMO.

They're hardy fishs, good for beginner, and will survive in a bit ammonia. I bought them minis, they already grown in 2 months. If I had to start it again, I would choose thoses fishs again.

C54CC64142AADF0A1C68DEAE6C5A9207_full.jpg

Make sure you choose a mated pair and not two females, or they'll fight. If you get a male and female they'll love instead fight.

I may do 2 clowns

Ocellaris clowns is kinda pushing it. Any other clowns wont have the room needed. Check into gobies & dartfish. Look for the 'nano-fish' categories. I love my 2 Ocellaris' as well. Had them longer than any.

Ocellaris clowns is kinda pushing it. Any other clowns wont have the room needed. Check into gobies & dartfish. Look for the 'nano-fish' categories.

In my 20g, they stay in the same spot, they never go the the other half of the tank... Maybe they'll do same in a 15g ?

But they won't fit any other fishs in a 15g, except bottom fishs.

Mine float around in my 39 gallon but usually stay near their open brain coral they host. Heres by buddies-
img_2821975_0_6f0cfd635ba428cd4ff6a9244eee66ed.jpg

Mine float around in my 39 gallon but usually stay near their open brain coral they host. Heres by buddies-
img_2821982_0_6f0cfd635ba428cd4ff6a9244eee66ed.jpg

Mine host nothing, but they stay near a cave, they find it a good hiding place when stressed (if I put hands and arms in water example).

They come bite my fingers when it's feeding time, I like it.

So I shouldn't keep 2 in a 15

Get a pair as small as you can and NO other fish and youll probably be good. Mine occupy a square foot of the tank about 80% of the time. According to liveaquaria they require a 20 gallon minimum, but alone you should be ok IMO.

Back
Top Bottom