New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James0264

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New tank has been up and running for little more then two. My first reef tank so starting out small. 35 gallon rimless. 36x18x12. Two oscelaras black clown, Duncan coral, rose anemone, and a frogspawn. Here is a picture of the tank. So far so good. I have had a FOWLR tank for years. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411603980.170217.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Im curious about the lighting too... it might be the camera but to me that looks awfully dim.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Picture was taking when the lights were ramping up. Lighting is a current 36" marine led. Upgrading next week to a Radion xr
30 gen 3. Should have went that route from the beginning. Even though what I have in the tank is doing good.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Make sure you acclimate to the new light carefully. The marineland leds are garbage and can't support anything. Then tossing the radions, which are top of the line and can keep the most light demanding coral in the sandbed. When I upgraded from a 4 bulb t5ho to my radions I burned 500 dollars worth of coral to death. So start with them turned low and slowly work your way up.

I think I should also point out that the tank really should be leveled out a little more. Especially because it doesn't have a top trim. There's a lot of extra stress on the joints of the tank already and having an uneven tank on top of that is just a recipe for disaster imho.

Back
Top Bottom