New tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhodricartref

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am planning on starting a new saltwater tank. I have a juwel rio 125. I am wondering how hard will it be to keep it going?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't know much about that specific tank but it all depends on your equipment. You will need a good filtration source, plenty of flow, all the usuals... Also don't use tap water buy premixed saltwater or use RO/DI water an mix it yourself. As far as cost goes it depends on the bio-type you are wanting...fowler, reef, mostly fish an afew corals Etc.
The initial startup is where the bulk of the cost will go. I would recommend using live rock, live sand so that is an expense to be factored in... I have done both salt and fresh... The initial startup is more intense and the equipment is more in depth but the maintence is very similar in that you are still just cleaning checking maintaining... So without knowing more specifics on what equipment you have and what you are wanting... That's all I can give hope it helps.

You will need a sump, RODI unit, protein skimmer, heater, awesome lighting, $ live rock, pumps, aragonite sand, drilling or overflow box, filter socks, salt.... It's a spendy hobby. Don't save your receipts.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The bottom line is if you want a real hobby/focal point and have the jack, just do it. It's the best but you have to treat it almost like a little farm. Take good care of your livestock, they are your pets!

I like that istimpy it is like a little farm

Back
Top Bottom