new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

first-timer89

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 20 gallon tank with 13 pounds of lr. I am looking for fish and invert combonations. I will donate kudos to whoever has the best combo. thanks for the help in advance!

A twenty gal is not huge so two ro three small fish max. If you got with three, I would add another 10 lbs of LR to help witht eh filtration. My recommendation for fish...one false perc, one royal gramma an one yellow watchman goby. This will give you every nice color...orange, black, white, purple, pink, yellow, blue. As far as invets go...4 to 6 snails, 6 blue-leg reef hermits, 6 scralet reef hermits, a cleaner shrimp and a pistol shrimp (to pair with the goby). Of course it is all personal preference. If I was doing a nano of that size, that is what I would have. Good luck...Lando

I would hold off on any fish till the LR is added and you see if there is a new cycle from the die off. Unless you know the LR is cured...
The perc is a nice clown, I also like the Bicolor blenny and either a fire goby or purple fire fish. A 4 or 6 line wrasse to round it out.
And the selection of crabs and snails like lando says.
Only issue with the FF and blenny is they are jumpers and you should have a cover on the tank.

Nice picks Lando! Thats what I would do except I'd get a pr of clowns, only because I'd have a school of them in my bigger tank but my maroon says "No way!" :lol: I, like most people LOVE clowns and I think it would be too cool to watch them spawn and all that. But anyways, Lando has a good color combo I think, gives you a lot of variety for a 20g.

Back
Top Bottom