New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm setting in a 75g RR tank with a glass top. I'm going to have a sump, heater, filter, and protein skimmer going as well as 2 power heads. Besides the obvious sand, fish and livestock what other equipment might I need?

Extra heater and pumps, makes water changes easier. A light for the sump, buffers, tubing, and really just a lot of ends truthfully. You got most of the big things covred

Extra heater and pumps, makes water changes easier. A light for the sump, buffers, tubing, and really just a lot of ends truthfully. You got most of the big things covred

Good point about making the water changes easier! I'll look into getting another heater and pump

Ditch the glass top for better CO2 exchange. More oxygen is a good thing. Depending on the powerheads, two might not be enough. I had 3-4 in my 55 before I upgraded to my MP40s.

Ditch the glass top for better CO2 exchange. More oxygen is a good thing. Depending on the powerheads, two might not be enough. I had 3-4 in my 55 before I upgraded to my MP40s.

I honestly wasn't even thinking about CO2 exchange. That's a very good point. I'll probably get 2-3 good power heads so I don't have too many going. Do you recommend the MP40s?

Because everything in my tank is in harmony. There is no reason to adjust the lighting or powerhead schedule. There is always fine tuning that can be done, but if I fiddle with it every day it would only create chaos.
But with that said, the reeflink makes everything MUCH more easy to use. The USB cord and borrowing a laptop to set a schedule to the radions was awful.

I would look into an auto top off. It will keep your salinity constant and you not have to top off manually everyday.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That's a great suggestion too! I'm assuming you use an RODI water maker as well

ATO are great pieces of equipment as well. I run a JBJ with a tom's aqua lifter on my system.
In terms of making your own ro/di, that is up to you. You should want to use ro/di in your system to control what is going in. If you can buy it from your LFS you might want to do it that way, though it is always cheaper in the end and offers more control to ensure 0 TDS is entering your system if you do it yourself.

ATO are great pieces of equipment as well. I run a JBJ with a tom's aqua lifter on my system.
In terms of making your own ro/di, that is up to you. You should want to use ro/di in your system to control what is going in. If you can buy it from your LFS you might want to do it that way, though it is always cheaper in the end and offers more control to ensure 0 TDS is entering your system if you do it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom