New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lee42

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Could anyone tell me if I am in the right direction please I have a new Tank with live rock it's been a week and still no change in the water samples I have taken shall I leave it a bit longer ???

Have you been dosing ammonia? Your live rock probably had very little die off so there was no sorce for bacteria to grow. My fave way to cycle a salttank is to tank a few pieces of raw shrimp and throw it into the filter or sump. Make sure you wrap it in some old pantyhose though, makes clean up a lot easier.

No I have not been dosing ammonia do you think I should and can I use the one from the testing kit how much do you use and how often thanks sorry for so many questions

No no no, the ammonia in the test kit is to test ammonia, it's not pure ammonia. And it's no problem on questions. As for ammonia dosing, I've never done it so I'm not very informed on that, I've always cycled my reef tanks with the raw shrimp method

Back
Top Bottom