New tank 65 gallons.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

standridge32

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I ran a test kit and a guy that has helped me set up says I'm in mid cycle. I'm really worried my nem is going to die I rearranged my live rock and base to get better flow and he moved on me this morning and on top of that I'm treating my tank for ich at the moment. I'm stressed out advice please.

Would it be possible to have the nem stay at your lfs until you finish cycling? The ich treatment shouldnt be a concern as I believe its a fish only thing.

If the nem is moving he isnt happy where he was. thast what they do. he might want more flow, more light or something else, otherwise they pretty much stay in one place.

good choice. trust me, in the end its better for allparties involved, especially the nem. if you want one in a few months then I;d re assess and think about it then.

A circulation pump is a neccesity so might as well get what you can.
:-D

Ya I'm really worried about my two cooed right now with this ich problem. I'm treating them with ich attack two of my other fish don't have it. I also put 10 snails and hermits in yesterday to get ready for my algea bloom. I'm stressing hardcore over this stuff

You have two clowns in a cycling tank? anyway to have them hodlthem too at the lfs until your cycle is complete? Also, do you have your own test kit, like an api saltwater master kit? If you have fish int here you really really need to know the parameters every day so if you have any ammonia you can do a water change. Same with nitrites. Any signs of these and youre fish are in jeopardy unless you do a water change

Yes I have one and ran all my test and everything is good. No problems there. They have been in there for about a week now.

I think I'm gonna trade my clowns in too if they will take them with this ich problem

If you do try to keep the clowns they will need a separate tank to treat them in and then you should leave your tank without fish for like 6 weeks. Thats if you have the ich.

I got a circulation pump yesterday its a 750 puts out pretty good flow in my tank and my clowns love it. As of my ich problem its starting to go away and my infected fish are eating still. Hopefully that's a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom