Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-14-2005, 11:52 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

DragonForce, I was about to ask the same question when I saw your post. LOL. That is one heck of a setup, Brenden. I am waiting to see a picture of "Deuce Bigalow" swimming around in there and cleaning it up, LOL!!!

Old 11-14-2005, 11:56 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

StripesTheEel: I have a really good camera. If I take a picture with it I have to shrink and compress it so much so I can post it. It turns out like the cheap camera I use to post on here. (sony mavica)

DragonForce: I retired when my little boy was born 3 years ago. A headhunter contacted me and I went back to work this year in IT for Altria. I am currently planning my exit strategy though.

tecwzrd: That is a court jester goby. Very hard fish to QT. similar to a mandarin. He nearly starved to death in QT but once it got in main he ate like a pig.

Revhtree: I will take one with the "nice" camera and crop it and try to find somewhere to post it.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:18 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to DragonForce
3' fine sand bed 1x Orange Stripe Prawn shrimp goby, 1x sixline wrassemated pair of true percula clowns, 1x CBS shrimp, 2x peppermint shrimp, 1x pistol shrimp, 1x tiger tale cuke, ~20+ snails, ~10+ hermits, 1xserpent star.
green Bubble coral, hammer coral (8 heads!) ,various Zoos,green finger leather, green star polpys ,shrooms
175w 10k MH
28w actinic 03
2x maxi jett 1200
Prizm skimmer (modded)
Hagen powerfilter(for running carbon 24/7)
nano arctica chiller
DragonForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:58 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to tecwzrd
Thanks Brenden, it’s a beautiful fish. Would you say that liveaquaria’s description of being an “easy” fish is overstated?
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...cfm?pCatId=164

I would love to add this to my 55 gal but I don’t have much algae as my hermits take care of most of it. Do you think it would starve? Was it not interested in nori or frozen? I know I’m not ready for a mandarin which is why I’m hesitant to get the jester.

Also as far as a place to store large images I always use http://imageshack.us/ They allow up to 1024 kb images and you don’t have to register

Lastly did you ever get to checkout http://www.animaljungle.com/ and I was wondering how it compared to your lfs.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:39 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

tecwzrd: I do think liveaquaria missed on the description. Some people on here also say they have not had luck with them. In QT I tried shrimp, mysis shrimp, frozen brine, live brine, blood worms, cyclopeeze, nori, chopped up krill, red algae, pellet food, flake food and it ate nothing. I thought it would starve but it made it through QT. In the main it grazes constantly pecking at the rock. I will see nothing where it pecks but then I see stuff come out of its gills when it sifts it. Seems real happy. According to liveaquaria your tank is plenty big. As long as you have plenty LR and your tank has been set up a while you may be OK.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:54 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to tecwzrd
Thanks, I think I'll wait another 6+ months though to be on the safe side. Currently I only have 60 lbs (which doesn't seem like that much & but cost an arm & a leg ) & plan to get another 20lbs. I'd hate to loose such a pretty fish (or any fish for that matter) due to not being able to feed it.

Glad it made it through the QT, most fish can only go a week or two without starving. I had a 8" chiclid go 3 weeks without eating & make it when he was sick but he was pretty fat

If you haven't figured it out yet I like to BOLD links :P

Vote for AA at Aqua Rank
tecwzrd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pictures, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com