New tank additons (pictures).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have added around $3,500 worth of corals over the last month. Here are a few new pics. If zoom out enough to get the whole tank in the picture you can not see anything. Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• mvc-094f_130.jpg
    mvc-094f_130.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 91
$3500!?! you are a lucky man. i probably won't have that much coral in my lifetime. :cry:

StripesTheEel said:
if u can spend $3500 on corals, im sure you could whip up some extra cash for a neat camera ;)

Haha ya man, I agree, you could have some beautiful pictures with a nice camera.

Oh and by the way, what the hell do you do for a living brenden?(if you don't mind me asking)

I'm gonna post some pics of my tank as soon as I get a new digital camera for x-mas. I have this insane green bubble coral you guys have to see.

Take care

-Brandon

DragonForce, I was about to ask the same question when I saw your post. LOL. That is one heck of a setup, Brenden. I am waiting to see a picture of "Deuce Bigalow" swimming around in there and cleaning it up, LOL!!!

StripesTheEel: I have a really good camera. If I take a picture with it I have to shrink and compress it so much so I can post it. It turns out like the cheap camera I use to post on here. (sony mavica)

DragonForce: I retired when my little boy was born 3 years ago. A headhunter contacted me and I went back to work this year in IT for Altria. I am currently planning my exit strategy though.

tecwzrd: That is a court jester goby. Very hard fish to QT. similar to a mandarin. He nearly starved to death in QT but once it got in main he ate like a pig.

Revhtree: I will take one with the "nice" camera and crop it and try to find somewhere to post it.

Thanks Brenden, it’s a beautiful fish. Would you say that liveaquaria’s description of being an “easy” fish is overstated?
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=164

I would love to add this to my 55 gal but I don’t have much algae as my hermits take care of most of it. Do you think it would starve? Was it not interested in nori or frozen? I know I’m not ready for a mandarin which is why I’m hesitant to get the jester.

Also as far as a place to store large images I always use http://imageshack.us/ They allow up to 1024 kb images and you don’t have to register :D

Lastly did you ever get to checkout http://www.animaljungle.com/ and I was wondering how it compared to your lfs.

tecwzrd: I do think liveaquaria missed on the description. Some people on here also say they have not had luck with them. In QT I tried shrimp, mysis shrimp, frozen brine, live brine, blood worms, cyclopeeze, nori, chopped up krill, red algae, pellet food, flake food and it ate nothing. I thought it would starve but it made it through QT. In the main it grazes constantly pecking at the rock. I will see nothing where it pecks but then I see stuff come out of its gills when it sifts it. Seems real happy. According to liveaquaria your tank is plenty big. As long as you have plenty LR and your tank has been set up a while you may be OK.

Thanks, I think I'll wait another 6+ months though to be on the safe side. Currently I only have 60 lbs (which doesn't seem like that much & but cost an arm & a leg :roll:) & plan to get another 20lbs. I'd hate to loose such a pretty fish (or any fish for that matter) due to not being able to feed it.

Glad it made it through the QT, most fish can only go a week or two without starving. I had a 8" chiclid go 3 weeks without eating & make it when he was sick but he was pretty fat :D

Back
Top Bottom