New tank can't decide on size???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the scrap wood look is kinda growing on me,lol.

Had to decide how many lights I'm using before I build the bracket to hang them

Without the wood shadow and a couple inches higher seems like it would have decent coverage, what levels did you have the light set at in that pic? It's always nice to keep a little extra in reserve if you end up needing it.

Without the wood shadow and a couple inches higher seems like it would have decent coverage, what levels did you have the light set at in that pic? It's always nice to keep a little extra in reserve if you end up needing it.

I have a couple more led fixtures , adding another wouldn't be a big deal. My main concern is having it bright enough for corals. The pic really is quite different than how it appears to the naked eye

From that side it does look a little shaded here and there, if you have more lights available then by all means use them, always better to have more than you need than not enough

This is an awsome tank build. Love the overflow though the wall.

Just put in a swc 160 skimmer, pump died out in 5 seconds and went to take the skimmer out of the sump and got a big electric shock, effing piece of crap.

Took it back today, watched the guy at the store take 110 volts when he tested it, lol . They are replacing it

I'm an electrician and had my share of jolts so that makes me laugh. At least it was 120, worst I got was 600 volts- that bloody hurt!!!!!!

I'm guessing it's some type of "u" channel since I see you ran the wiring through it, and it looks as though it goes straight through the drywall and would be bolted to one of the studs in the maintenance room, nice and clean just like the rest of the install

It looks fantastic Audi, good eye for detail. The rock scape looks really sharp too. I want a peninsula tank now it looks so cool.

The guy at the lfs gave me a hydor performer 405 in exchange for the swc 160.

I know nothing about this skimmer

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom