Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New tank coming

I've very much got the bug for this amazing marine hobby as I have only had a sw tank (river reef 48l) for 3-4 months and have agreed with my mate to take his orca 550 off of him as he has just won on a bidding site a red sea max 130L...which I might add is also a very nice tank ,I can not wait to get started on a bigger tank already haha , going to start from fresh...but as it was in use before I wanna clean it right up to looking new, so I can start from right at the begining so has anybody got any tips on cleaning , heard a few rumours that white vinegar is good ...anything else or just any advise would be wicked thank you???also I really wanna take my time with this so I can get it looking just right and so that everything gets on also I can say I'm really looking forward to learning everything haha well as much as my brain can take in

Dippppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Vinegar seems to be the choice on here for cleaning non living things, just rinse good

dollabill420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I wanna get the views of some marine stock off of people on here so any opinion would be cracking to have..... thankyou.....

Right was looking at getting a standard fire fish
A green coral goby
A single flower/rock nem or 2

I only have the 48l at the mo but when I get the orca in a month or so I will most def have the room I hope, for all that I have and more.

Also I have read that alot of people do either fish or corals...note that I'm being very green when I say this but surely you can get an very nice equal balance between the two so you never wanna take ya eyes off your tank boys there its stop much cool stuff to look at
Dippppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
I do fish and coral primarily, my cube only has fish right now. I think most people get both, it adds to the allure.

I think a firefish and the green goby would be fine in my opinion. My green clown goby is miniscule. lol
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion
Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com