New Tank Coming Soon.. Ideas on anything

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StripesTheEel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi guys,

After 2 years I have decided to get rid of my 100gallon and 75gallon FOWLRs. :( Two tanks requires to much time and effort, so I have decided to go with one larger tank. :) Living in Australia I dont have as much access to Marine stuff as I'd like do Im getting everything custom done.. My tank will be a full blown reef. YAY!! At this stage I am looking at three tanks.

Dimensions..
1. 72L x 24W x 30T = 225Gal
2. L Shape Tank 72L x 48L (the L shape) 24W x 30T = 290Gal
3. 72Lx30Wx30T = 280Gal

Corals..
Unknown at this stage, will depend on availability, would like a mixture of everything including clams, zoos, sps, lps

Tankmates..
Will amalgomate the two smaller tankmates together, they include:
1. x2 Ocellaris Clowns
2. x2 Tomato Clowns
3. Sailfin Tang
4. Purple Tang
5. Flame Hawkfish
6. x2 3 Stripe Damselfish
7. Banana Wrasse
8. Flame Angel
9. Royal Dottyback
10. x2 Green Gobies
11. Blue Tang
12. Zebra Moray Eel
13. Sixline Wrasse
14. Plethora of inverts

Will be saying goodbye to Emperor Angel and Snowflake Moray :(

Hardware..
Unknown at this stage but will include 250w halides, actinics, 80-100gal sump, skimmer, all the shiz nit stuff...Will confirm specifics when time comes closer..

I am talking with the business who might be doing the aquarium for me on Monday. I am looking at getting this built in 2-3 months. I am looking at doing something similar to Melevs reef but adding my own little twist with cave networks for my zebra!!

Now your thoughts..?

- What tank would you choose? Why?
- What corals would you choose? Why?
- Any other compatible tankmates I should add? Which ones?
- Any other thoughts/feedback will be appreciated..

Matt

I think u should go with either 1 of the other 2 regular tank than instead of the L shaped one. It would be harder to provide sufficient flow for that L tank. Also, the larger the better isn't it? :p IMO, go with the 280G

I think u should go for an SPS dominant reef. They have AWESOME coloration and grow pretty well.

If it was up to me to add fish into a 280, i would add a couple of longfin bannerfish (reefsafe ones), a couple of tangs (powder blue and achille are awesome), a magnificent foxface, a mandarin, and some anthias. They are just ideas. Im not saying u can add them all XD

Back
Top Bottom