new tank cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You will be fine just keep up with your water changes also test your Lfs ro water before use just in case and give time time if ammonia is present then your tank is cycling and at some point it will drop

Never thought to do that but i will be doing. I have tested my tap water just out of curiousity. I think i just need more patience than anything else

Patience is the key to it all in this hobby when I first started I felt just like u and I'm sure so did everyone else just stick with it and you will enjoy the fruits of your labor

Yea patience is key.... My tank at end cycle I'm just loseing patience with the nitrates grrrr my fuge is overgrown with macro and my nitrates are at 50 ppm but everything else is 0 smh

But I'm running a 90 gal tank and 30 gal sump/refugium

if nitrites and ammionia are 0 and nitrates are going up time to do water changes that is the main way of removing them

Yea patience is key.... My tank at end cycle I'm just loseing patience with the nitrates grrrr my fuge is overgrown with macro and my nitrates are at 50 ppm but everything else is 0 smh

But I'm running a 90 gal tank and 30 gal sump/refugium

prime is an additive that makes ammonia non toxic to the inhabitants of the tank

Didnt know anything like this existed. Thank you.

If it is making the ammonia less toxic will the bb still know it should be removing it? Should or will this extend the term of the cycle?

I have the "ammolock" just don't use it much but I kinda realize why your Lfs told you to add cuc....

Prime is a sulphur compound that will convert NH3 to NH4 and binds it. it is still there for your bacteria to consume

if nitrites and ammionia are 0 and nitrates are going up time to do water changes that is the main way of removing them

I am doing water changes :) even bleached my socks cause once bleached socks are dry bleach leaves no residue behind just make sure you do an extra rinse and bleach the washer to remove any chems from the detergents and softener u would happen to use. I bleach with towels cause I'm scared the washer's agitator will tear my socks up.

Back
Top Bottom