new tank finished cycling.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wapparia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all. I am hoping someone can answer this question.

I have just finished cycling my tank with raw shrimp for nearly a month now. My ammonia is 0 nitrites 0 and was nitrates of 40. I have went to lfs and they would only sell my a cuc of 1 cleaner shrimp and 1 red leg hermit and told me to come back in a week to get some fish. I explained that I have completed the cycle and I needed the water to get rid of high nitrates even though I have sump with chaeto.

I assumed and read up that I can put fish straight in or my cycle will stop because inverts will not produce enough ammonia to keep it going.

Question is who is right and any advice appreciated :)

The cycle won't stop maybe slow down or speed up depending on how u are cycling seeded sand live rock ect..... I would put some hardy fish damsels or clowns after a week or so after clean up crew one thing with sw is time more time tank is established the healthier the critters inside

If your tank has completely finished cycling, fish can be added, especially some of the more hardy kind. I would be more inclined to add a hardy fish than invert at this time. I don't really understand the practicality and advice from your pet shop!

Back
Top Bottom