New tank. help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiannaDZ

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi folks, just in the process of setting up a new tank, for a reef setup. Idid a marine aquarium back in the late 70's with good luck, but sold my set up after my house burned down. I have a 60 gal tank with a Fluval 306 and CPR BakPak2 skimmer, no sump. Is this a big problem? I have just spent a bunch of money on 2 24 in Vega LED lamps for my tank. I put in some 80 lbs of Caribe agar alive sand to help colonize every thing. I'm picking up 50 lbs of life rock tomorrow. There was no place on my stand for a sump, and I'm going to have a square cut out of the shelf so my canister filter will fit under the stand. I got the tank & stand for only $259.

Hi folks, just in the process of setting up a new tank, for a reef setup. Idid a marine aquarium back in the late 70's with good luck, but sold my set up after my house burned down. I have a 60 gal tank with a Fluval 306 and CPR BakPak2 skimmer, no sump. Is this a big problem? I have just spent a bunch of money on 2 24 in Vega LED lamps for my tank. I put in some 80 lbs of Caribe agar alive sand to help colonize every thing. I'm picking up 50 lbs of life rock tomorrow. There was no place on my stand for a sump, and I'm going to have a square cut out of the shelf so my canister filter will fit under the stand. I got the tank & stand for only $259.

No, it's not a big problem. A lot of people prefer sumps to hide their equipment and have extra water volume. As long as you have good filtration and surface aggitation you should be good.

Back
Top Bottom