Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-29-2003, 03:28 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to MACATUA Send a message via MSN to MACATUA Send a message via Yahoo to MACATUA
Well, for a good natural cycle to occur, you don't want to add any unnatural things. Bacteria will colonize and eat the ammonia on its own. Best case may be to see if anyone on here is close to you, maybe they can hold the fish. I don't know what to do. The Flame will definatly not make it, and the chances for the damsel are pretty slim also. Maybe better with daily water changes.

As far as Drs. Foster and Smith, I stopped taking their advice when they suggested you can fit the following in a 46g bowfront:

6 green chromis
1 Kauderns Cardinal
3 Ocellaris Clowns
1 Six Line Wrasse
1 Psuedochromis

and the 2 weeks later

1 yellow tang
1 flame hawk
1 coral beauty
3 carpenters wrasse
1 algae blenny

I swear it is in the paper catalgue like that. So I would take the advice from the site rather than Drs. Foster and Smith. They have nice stuff, but greed has definatly taken over for them.

Join the Alabama Regional Forum!
MACATUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 04:32 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I know you said that none of the stores would hold the angel for you, but would any take it for store credit? I know my fish store will allow me to trade livestock in for credit as long as what I am trading in is healthy...

If that doesn't work, you will just need to monitor your ammonia as close as possible and do water changes when it gets too high. You did say that you have some cured LR in the system so that will help a little. At the very least it will speed along the process since the bacteria is already in your system and you are not starting from scratch.

Old 10-29-2003, 04:33 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Made the water change(25%). How long do I need to wait to take another ammonia test? If it is still high when can I do another water change?
Old 10-29-2003, 04:38 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to MACATUA Send a message via MSN to MACATUA Send a message via Yahoo to MACATUA
Daily I would say.

Join the Alabama Regional Forum!
MACATUA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ammonia, high ammonia, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com