new tank is very cloudy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashchad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
any one have suggetsions for clearing up a cloudy saltwater tank after adding sand and coral to it?

What`s it cloudy for? Just added Sand? algea bloom? Hard to suggest something unless we know why. I would suggest some 25% PWC`s to start with.

I agree with Mike, what has recently happened in the tank?

the cloudyness can be from little parasites cleaning out the rock crevices, just leave it.. it will go away.. its the aerobic and anaerobic stuff going on

Well if you just added sand your going to have some silt left over from the sand if your using a canister filter make sure you leave you Foam inserts in to catch it all usally in 2 days to a week it should all clear up for ya.... I had the same problem when I added new sand to my tank....

If it is new sand, a power filter or canister filter will help but you don't want corals in there. New sand normally means new tank and that means no corals.

If the tank is mature and cloudy, you have a different issue. Post up some info on your setup please.

Back
Top Bottom