New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes that sounds good. No matter how much live or base you start with its all live in the end. I guess it's whatever fits your budget kind of thing not really a issue with having a healthy tank after it's all said and done.

When possible,it is best to add all your rock at startup,base plus some live.Preferably one and a half to two lbs.per gallon.The problem of course is initial expense.
Doing the right amount to start with can cut your cycle down to as little as two weeks.

I guess you could do it that way. It's not what i would do Especially since he is getting a lion . I wouldn't be rock scaping with him in the tank . Lol

Hondatek said:
I guess you could do it that way. It's not what i would do Especially since he is getting a lion . I wouldn't be rock scaping with him in the tank . Lol

More rock,more bio load that can be handled.

Hey Rick I completely agree with you. We must have posted at the same time . I didn't see yours until I posted and I was actually responding to twitches post about slowly adding rock. It's all good .

Hondatek said:
Hey Rick I completely agree with you. We must have posted at the same time . I didn't see yours until I posted and I was actually responding to twitches post about slowly adding rock. It's all good .

No problem,happens all the time.Hard to keep up with postings.LOL

I got the 1-2 lbs per gallon, but I just need enough to start a cycle. It'll give me time to get the reef cleaners base rock, too. Lion isn't going in until I'm sure it's cycled right. But I thank everyone for chiming in. May start with 90lbs of LR instead. Man that's a lotta rock... Lol

Talk about a clear tank! Colors are really popping! Thank u Mr. X for the lighting tips. Thank you everyone for helping me get back into it after the massacre! Tank is absolutely stunning. Phosban reactors are a new must! Lol

Last edited:
kill that majano anemone in the pic with the starfish!
what happened to the 180? why a 125? why not a 220? ;-)

i'm gonna be selling my 265.......

Is that what that is? I know I got some glass nem, but never heard of that kind! And it's already sold. Going to try to work a deal at the lfs now. I'd darn sure take that 265 off ur hands. How far are you from Colorado? Lol.

Twitch: yeah, lion will stay and some of the other fish. But it'll change some.

Back
Top Bottom