New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are some really awesome stores in orlando, I try to get out there at least once a month. I find some really neat stuff and sometimes things I can't find near me. Try a google search next time you get to that area again, aquaria studio in orlando is beyond great! all rimless dispalys with led's and top notch staff and stock.

carey said:
There are some really awesome stores in orlando, I try to get out there at least once a month. I find some really neat stuff and sometimes things I can't find near me. Try a google search next time you get to that area again, aquaria studio in orlando is beyond great! all rimless dispalys with led's and top notch staff and stock.

Will do! If you are ever in the south you have to go to some of the LFS in Miami area- great selections there. Plus- I have a business license so I can get into the wholesalers. Yeah- I spent a little up front on the license but I save a lot more in the end

Well, I saw the tank. I wish ppl would learn their tank sizes before the post them... It was a 125g. They wanted 250 for it. I measured, calculated the dimension (lxwxh/231) and came up with 125g. The stand was nice, aquarium was thick, seals looked good, I offered 200. Well, needless to say, they accepted! I pick it up tomorrow!!!

Btw, only issue is it was used for reptiles... And special cleaning I need to do before I cycle it?

Kio707 said:
Well, I saw the tank. I wish ppl would learn their tank sizes before the post them... It was a 125g. They wanted 250 for it. I measured, calculated the dimension (lxwxh/231) and came up with 125g. The stand was nice, aquarium was thick, seals looked good, I offered 200. Well, needless to say, they accepted! I pick it up tomorrow!!!

Wooohooo, congrats! Now we both have 125g's! I can't wait to see this build!

Kio707 said:
One more question.... Will a sailfin be to small for a 125g?

Well it says 180 on live aquaria. Perhaps because they need the turnaround room as they get older. Maybe if you have a lot of caves and have a space in the back of the tank to swim as well it would do alright????

Jlsardina said:
Bleach water!

Bleach? U sure? Won't that be an issue if I accidentally leave some in there? No promises of being able to rinse it all out.

They got room in the 90g in the back, I'm sure I can get the 125 up and running like that.

Kio707 said:
Bleach? U sure? Won't that be an issue if I accidentally leave some in there? No promises of being able to rinse it all out.

Bleach will kill everything. Set the tank up outside. Get as much as you can out the let the tank fill back up and let it overflow for about an hour. This will make sure the water is not only continuously diluted but also there will be a high turnover to the point of dissipation of the bleach.

Jlsardina said:
Bleach will kill everything. Set the tank up outside. Get as much as you can out the let the tank fill back up and let it overflow for about an hour. This will make sure the water is not only continuously diluted but also there will be a high turnover to the point of dissipation of the bleach.

K, I'll do that. I need ph's and LR now. I'll get started cycling. Should I do dsb for a fowlr? I got a 5" dsb in the 90g, but it is reef.

Gboy66 said:
Oh, didnt know that! How deep do you all recommend a sand bed to be for a reef, if you all dont mind my asking of course!!!

3 or 5 inches. From what I read when I started, 4 or 6 can be algae headaches.

Back
Top Bottom