Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-24-2011, 12:02 AM   #1171
Aquarium Advice Addict

kind of like the tanks at the pet store?

Old 09-24-2011, 12:04 AM   #1172
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch
kind of like the tanks at the pet store?
Yeah, kinda... Sound like a good idea?

Old 09-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #1173
Aquarium Advice Addict

kk just so if you qt more than one fish you dont have to worry about the fish fighting or stressing each other out?
Old 09-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #1174
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch
kk just so if you qt more than one fish you dont have to worry about the fish fighting or stressing each other out?
Exactly!!!!! !!!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #1175
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Or diseases spreading
Old 09-24-2011, 12:30 AM   #1176
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66
Or diseases spreading
That too..........
Old 09-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #1177
Aquarium Advice Regular

I am pretty new to SW too. I was losing fish even though my parameters were all good. I realized I wasn't acclimating them long enough. They were fine for a few days, then just died very suddenly. And another thing I was doing wrong, when I did pwc I didn't check to make sure the salinity was the same in my tank and in the bucket of water to be added. Now I make sure they are the same, and I acclimate for 2-3 hours using the drip method. I haven't lost a fish since I started doing these things. I've had the same fish for two months- a scooter blenny(I love him), a tomato clown, a six line wrasse, and a skunk cleaner shrimp. And two Mexican turbo snails(they work hard). I was ready to give up because of the fish that died. These may have nothing to do with your losses, but worth considering.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #1178
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileykari
I am pretty new to SW too. I was losing fish even though my parameters were all good. I realized I wasn't acclimating them long enough. They were fine for a few days, then just died very suddenly. And another thing I was doing wrong, when I did pwc I didn't check to make sure the salinity was the same in my tank and in the bucket of water to be added. Now I make sure they are the same, and I acclimate for 2-3 hours using the drip method. I haven't lost a fish since I started doing these things. I've had the same fish for two months- a scooter blenny(I love him), a tomato clown, a six line wrasse, and a skunk cleaner shrimp. And two Mexican turbo snails(they work hard). I was ready to give up because of the fish that died. These may have nothing to do with your losses, but worth considering.
Most of the fish I had where in the tank for about a month or so, the one true clown was my 1st fish and had been in since July. I drip for about 2 hrs also. It's still a mystery to me why this happened, but I did start testing my water I was putting in.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #1179
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow... Seems like lately all I do is report bad news on this thread. Had another lose to the mystery disease. My cardinal... All that's left is my hawkfish... The peppermint shrimp molted too. Nem, crabs, starfish, and corals all good. So my question to the most experienced of y'all... What kills fish, but leaves a nem, shrimp, corals all healthy? I think if I find the answer to that, i'd find my mystery killer..
Old 09-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #1180
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep, I wish we had an answer. I;m still second guessing what happened to the fish I had that died. My seahare, shrimp, other inverts and 3 of my fish survived and it just still baffles me why it didn't take everything out. My corals also were all fine.

sorry about your cardinal, I know this sucks big time for you. Here's hoping there's a sole survivor of this madness......

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com