New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_1515319_0_4eb96f1b5153033c8f558b2a79396329.jpg

yes its on and pointed such that if i where to draw a line from its center it would contact the middle of the big rock on the right. no sand being kicked around at all.

Still look like it has good flow? I'll need it for my corals... It is a lot smaller then my PH's, that's for sure. Clean look, too.

i like the magnetic suction cup base too.

i put my hand perpendicular to the flow about 14 inches away and i can still feel it pushing against it. at about halfway it gets weak.

all the surface agitation is gone too. well maybe the slightest bit but it could also be the canister filters i have doing that. do you want it pointed a particular direction?

If you had two I would say at the front glass... But if the flow is there, it'll be perfect with 2. Just want flow so I'm not having dead areas.

good. glad i could help. online is the only place to buy them too. lfs want 2x what i can buy them for off ebay or other online stores. oh ebay has a posting 2 for like 80?

Thanks... It's coming along slowly... Finally got levels where they need to be and GHA is going away...

I hear ppl talking about their tanks crashing... How and what exactly causes that? Just wake up one day and ur tanks gone?

Kio707 said:
I hear ppl talking about their tanks crashing... How and what exactly causes that? Just wake up one day and ur tanks gone?

You wake up one day and all your fish are dead or dying,including corals and cleanup crew.Usually due to high ammonia level or something bad got into the water or even electric shock.
I had a friend who was adding pool chemicals to his pool and didn't realize he had some residue on his hands and messed with his tank and basically nuked his tank.That is why you don't even clean the outside of your glass even with a glass cleaner.

Dang!!! That's not cool... I have a habit of washing my hands before I mess with the tank just because I use to have a snake and always had to, became habit... That's a scary thought. Just to wake up to a wiped out system... I couldn't imagine...

Kio707 said:
Dang!!! That's not cool... I have a habit of washing my hands before I mess with the tank just because I use to have a snake and always had to, became habit... That's a scary thought. Just to wake up to a wiped out system... I couldn't imagine...

I don't even let my wife burn a scented candle in the same room as our aquarium.I figure better safe than sorry.I even rinse my hands with RO/DI water before putting them in my tank.
That might be overkill,of course,LOL

Saw ur tank on YouTube... Looks awesome... How many fish can I put in my 90 gallon? I see u have a lot... My lfs said only put in 6 in mine.

Kio707 said:
Saw ur tank on YouTube... Looks awesome... How many fish can I put in my 90 gallon? I see u have a lot... My lfs said only put in 6 in mine.

Theres no way someone can give a fish limit advice. Theres just too many factors. Adult size,bioload, filtration system effectiveness...etc

Back
Top Bottom