Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 11-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #1971
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SwimsWithFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina

Lol. Thanks. But your tank looks like its right from the ocean. As twitch puts it- my tank is spartan. Lol
+1 looks like you took a slice of the great barrier reef.
__________________

__________________
''An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind.''
-Ghandi

life is short... get a fish.
SwimsWithFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #1972
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jlsardina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,581
Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707

Lmfao... Yeah, but urs just started. Mine took 5 months. When u get 5 months, then we will compare. What light are u using? I'm getting a 180g and making it a fowlr.
Lol. If you include the 90 then my tank is 5 months. I just need to spend the money for 300 lbs more rock. Lol.

I'm using three ecoray60D LEDs.
__________________

__________________
Jlsardina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #1973
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Kio707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina

Lol. If you include the 90 then my tank is 5 months. I just need to spend the money for 300 lbs more rock. Lol.

I'm using three ecoray60D LEDs.
Where did you get them from? (the lights). How much? Also, if u go to reefcleaners, u can get some great rock, and big sizes. Same rock I have.
__________________
Kio707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #1974
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Kio707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimsWithFish

+1 looks like you took a slice of the great barrier reef.
That is a heck of a compliment. Thank you.
__________________
Kio707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #1975
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SwimsWithFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,660
No problemo!
__________________
''An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind.''
-Ghandi

life is short... get a fish.
SwimsWithFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #1976
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jlsardina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,581
Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707

Where did you get them from? (the lights). How much? Also, if u go to reefcleaners, u can get some great rock, and big sizes. Same rock I have.
We went in on a bulk buy with people at my LFS. Total with tax and shipping per unit came to 350$ a piece. But the par ratings are amazing when I looked at tests done on the Internet.

And this sounds bad, but... I've been slowly picking up spare rocks from sea walls around the island and in some areas of town and setting them aside. Gonna pick up some more next week and start curing them as a base rock. I'm a big fan of free. I've found some nice pieces. Some boulder, some flat and curved. All sizes. I figure since I already have 100lbs of live rock that 300 lbs wouldn't be that difficult to seed over to live in a few months.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1645623731.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	61084   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2062443178.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	61085  

__________________
Jlsardina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #1977
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Kio707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina

We went in on a bulk buy with people at my LFS. Total with tax and shipping per unit came to 350$ a piece. But the par ratings are amazing when I looked at tests done on the Internet.

And this sounds bad, but... I've been slowly picking up spare rocks from sea walls around the island and in some areas of town and setting them aside. Gonna pick up some more next week and start curing them as a base rock. I'm a big fan of free. I've found some nice pieces. Some boulder, some flat and curved. All sizes. I figure since I already have 100lbs of live rock that 300 lbs wouldn't be that difficult to seed over to live in a few months.
Probably take a month... So u have 3 for ur tank?
__________________
Kio707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #1978
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jlsardina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,581
Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707

Probably take a month... So u have 3 for ur tank?
Yes- but when I get some more money I really want to buy a fourth. There is ample light now- but I want to make sure even the sides don't go dim. I have a 220 so it's 6 ft long. From the lights to the bottom of the tank is approximately 32 inches
__________________
Jlsardina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #1979
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Kio707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina

Yes- but when I get some more money I really want to buy a fourth. There is ample light now- but I want to make sure even the sides don't go dim. I have a 220 so it's 6 ft long. From the lights to the bottom of the tank is approximately 32 inches
Yeah, mine will be a 180 that is 6'x27hx24w. Something close to that... Lol... Ur not doing corals or nem, right?
__________________
Kio707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #1980
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jlsardina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,581
Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707

Yeah, mine will be a 180 that is 6'x27hx24w. Something close to that... Lol... Ur not doing corals or nem, right?
Yes. I have a reef tank with an anenome and maxima clams. Are all doing very well
__________________

__________________
Jlsardina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PH advice & CO2 - Planted Discus Tank - Tap water is 8.4! sudz Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 10 01-18-2012 10:07 AM
Starting a feeder tank. Advice wanted. meBNme Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding 3 10-02-2011 06:23 PM
Need advice for a 30 gallon tank Adi_Indian Member Introductions 9 09-25-2011 04:56 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.