New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So my foxface looses all color when it sleeps... Just turned on lights to show neighbor my tank and it was gray and black. Scared me.. Lol. Feed fish and he got color back...

All of my fish look like they're dying when I first turn on the lights... It scared me when I first got then, but now it's normal.

No joke. But it has a 14 day guarantee... I'm worried about this other build... Going to be crazy. But I'm going to hit up John at reefcleaners and see if he can hook my up with the rock.

slitherbomb said:
All of my fish look like they're dying when I first turn on the lights... It scared me when I first got then, but now it's normal.

My clowns and cardinal never lost color... Was a surprise to see that... Lol

Kio707 said:
So my foxface looses all color when it sleeps... Just turned on lights to show neighbor my tank and it was gray and black. Scared me.. Lol. Feed fish and he got color back...

That is normal.Your fox face goes into camouflage mode at night to blend in with the rock area he is in to hide himself.Even during the day he will change color some when startled.

It freaked me out. Then he was laying vertical... I thought I lost him..,. Lol

Yeah alot of fish do that. My picasso trigger lightens up noticeably, and my black volitans body turns all black. Also noticed my powder brown tang keeps his fins completely erect all night, durig the day he relaxes them.
Shoulda seen my blue spot puffer when he accidentally got backed into a corner today while I was cleaning, he turned all blotchy and stopped swimming...scary

Nice! Cant wait to see if they are what they say. I would love a set! Keep us posted, and pictures as well.

My emerald crab molted and I can't get to the empty exoskeleton with moving rocks... Is this going to cause issues or just be a neat decoration till I move the tanks over?

used it a t a buddies house yesterday. She had a clearly dead anenome and was insisiting it was still ok, so i was like poke it with a stick you'll see I'm right. So she took the end of a net and poked it and it almost disintegrated. LOL Tried and proven method right there.

Back
Top Bottom