New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Think I found the issue.... It was shorting as I pulled it out the water.... Since this is a "G" rated forum, I won't express the words I used as I touched the water when it shorted....Lol..... Heater was in the sump, but I'm sure the short was making it to the tank... Thank goodness I still have my old heater for the 75g I use to have. I'll be keeping an eye on the rest of the fish.

Last edited:
Kio707 said:
Think I found the issue.... It was shorting as I pulled it out the water.... Since this is a "G" rated forum, I won't express the words I used as I touched the water when it shorted....Lol..... Heater was in the sump, but I'm sure the short was making it to the tank... Thank goodness I still have my old heater for the 75g I use to have. I'll be keeping an eye on the rest of the fish.

Glad at least that you found the probable cause.
They cost a few dollars more,but you might want to consider getting one the Titanium heaters.I had a glass heater short on me to.Also with the Titanium heaters,you can adjust the heater without having to stick your hand in the water.

Well bud, one thing about it... This is almost guarunteed to never happen to you again. This happens to someone like once every 20 years.

TLTGF said:
Well bud, one thing about it... This is almost guarunteed to never happen to you again. This happens to someone like once every 20 years.

Lol.... Lucky me.....

Def go titanium. I was scoping out the jbj digital ones, they come with a remote digital controller you can mount in your stand or wherever you want:)

Actually not too too bad. The " latest and greatest" overpricing has subsided. I was looking at 159 for a jbj 500w titanium ..but that comes with a $90 digital lcd controller

huma-huma said:
Actually not too too bad. The " latest and greatest" overpricing has subsided. I was looking at 159 for a jbj 500w titanium ..but that comes with a $90 digital lcd controller

Not to bad.... I'll look at them tomorrow while I'm bored at work... Lol

Well, on a happy note, went to lfs yesterday for food... Talked to guy about skimmers and getting a bigger sump. He gave me a 55g for free! It was dirty and I cleaned it out. Just need to get glass put in it and move the other one out. Think this set up will be a lot better than what I got now... Bioload should not be am issue...

My shrimp have molted, is this a good sign that water prams are good?

That was a nice acquisition. I don't know about molting being a good sign but maybe it's a sign for not having stray voltage in your tank

Back
Top Bottom