New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coffeetwitch said:
awsome. i think i went through a full tube when i did mine. how much silicone did you end up burning through?

Still have over half left. But I'm about to put on an outside bead too.

Finished sealing up the tank. All the glass stayed put! Lol... I'm not exactly a DIY guy....

I never thought about putting the clip near the bottom of the tank... hmmm... maybe that will entice more algae eating...

awesome man, cant wait for the next 24-48 hours and you can double check your work.

how does that clip work low? i just put ours low but havent tried feeding from that position yet.

coffeetwitch said:
awesome man, cant wait for the next 24-48 hours and you can double check your work.

how does that clip work low? i just put ours low but havent tried feeding from that position yet.

Works good... I just put it by his favorite rocks....

Hey tang police (yes, Carey, lol). What are your opinions on a blue eyed tang?

Got some additions to go get and add... Alk is steadily going up... At 5.5 now!!!

I weigh in on the blue eye tang at 75g minimum tank size. They do grow up to 8 inches from what i've read. It;s very similar tothe tomini and the kole tang. :)

carey said:
I weigh in on the blue eye tang at 75g minimum tank size. They do grow up to 8 inches from what i've read. It;s very similar tothe tomini and the kole tang. :)

Lol... Good, because I got 1... It's better known as a 2 spotted bristletooth. A also got some yellow tailed damsels. Read they are not as aggressive as most...

You're not paranoid about adding so many fish so soon? lol I'm still nervous about my latest fish going in. hehe

carey said:
You're not paranoid about adding so many fish so soon? lol I'm still nervous about my latest fish going in. hehe

No, not since my 55 gallon sump is ready and everything is coming together. Plus this tang is even stressed or skittish.... He's bright as a juvenile can be.... Looks great... The damsels, they are skittish... Lol... How ironic..

Kio707 said:
No, not since my 55 gallon sump is ready and everything is coming together. Plus this tang is even stressed or skittish.... He's bright as a juvenile can be.... Looks great... The damsels, they are skittish... Lol... How ironic..

*Is not stressed

Here's some pics... Not very good ones... Sorry

Last edited:
Youre gonna love this tang! Mine has adapted very well to his new home very quickly. he is now the 2nd in command of my three tangs. LOL He LOVES algae so he'll be at it in no time.

carey said:
Youre gonna love this tang! Mine has adapted very well to his new home very quickly. he is now the 2nd in command of my three tangs. LOL He LOVES algae so he'll be at it in no time.

Y didn't you recommend him the 1st time? Lol... That yellow eye was so nervous...

I just picked up my tomini like 3 weeks ago. I didn;t know how cool they were til after I got him. Mine dig like make a burrow and sleep in it, kinda weird but pretty neat. Are you qt'ing anymore?

carey said:
I just picked up my tomini like 3 weeks ago. I didn;t know how cool they were til after I got him. Mine dig like make a burrow and sleep in it, kinda weird but pretty neat. Are you qt'ing anymore?

Define QTing... Lol... Not like for weeks. No..

Back
Top Bottom