New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't really like liveaquarias min tank sizes. According to them, the mimic half black tang gets 10" and needs at least a 70g tank, yet the yellow gets 8" but needs 100g.....

slitherbomb said:
I don't really like liveaquarias min tank sizes. According to them, the mimic half black tang gets 10" and needs at least a 70g tank, yet the yellow gets 8" but needs 100g.....

Yeah, a lil contradicting huh....

slitherbomb said:

But u go to aquacon and a blue tang needs 70g.... Idk..

Idk, IMO, they can do well in a 4ft 75g tank. I have a yellow tang and a kole tang and honestly my yellow is slow and majestic while my kole is very hyper. It doesn't matter anyways since I'm upgrading in less than a year though lol

So jealous of fish prices in the US..

Any sort of tang here in Australia costs $100 +.

The Kole tang I saw up there from LA is $30, at my LFS they are $100. Yellow Tangs/Blues Tangs are the same. It's even more expensive for Powder Blues etc. I was also wanting to get a Yellow Watchman Goby.. looked at my LFS and they had one.. $110.

That's crazy!! And I thought prices around me were bad.... I paid 45 for my black volitan lionfish and 60 for my powder brown tang....both from my lfs

huma-huma said:
That's crazy!! And I thought prices around me were bad.... I paid 45 for my black volitan lionfish and 60 for my powder brown tang....both from my lfs

If they were healthy then those are pretty good prices. My lfs wanted $40 for a little fire shrimp....lol yeah right.

slitherbomb said:
If they were healthy then those are pretty good prices. My lfs wanted $40 for a little fire shrimp....lol yeah right.

Ha they wanted 90 at mine. Little on the large side though

I like the semi black tangs for some reason. Very cool looking. Looks too much like my tomini so I could never add it, but for the tang in your tank that would be a good one.

Sweet. It'll be my new tang as soon as my skimmer is good and LA gets them in... Hopefully this one will make it... That skimmer is really picking up a lot of stuff.. But I see the clowns are finally exploring the whole tank instead of staying in one spot... Hopefully I've solved my issues with losing fish. Time will tell.

Thanks.... I'm just going to let the tank stick it out for a bit before I add anything.

My heart just broke as I came home... My true clown and platinum where both dead... I looked like something attacked them... They where fine when I left this morning... I am so confused... All my inverts are fine... Why are my fish dying?!?

Back
Top Bottom