New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a good idea... Tnx for the advice. My trates are now at 0. They where 5 about 3 days ago. Guess my cycle wasn't all the way over. Inverts are doing great and the tank is really coming along...

im not sure as to some good brands of leds...i have heard some less than stellar things about Marinelands led fixtures...heard they arent nearly as bright as others and not worth it.

I've heard the same thing about the marinelands led's. :) There aren't alot of fixtures that are highly reputable and cheap so prepare for some sticker shock if youre going Led's. :)

I use LED PAr38 bulbs and they run almost $100 each and they are only bulbs. LOL

yeah fortunately for me lighting is not of utmost importance to my tank...allows me to spend extra elsewhere. my lfs has a exo-led 24'' fixture and its 799 (wow!!!) our 6 footers would need atleast 3 of those... you do the math

I am VERY happy with my T5's. :) I may get my LED fix from my next build so then I'll be asking these same questions probably. LOL

Yeah, I spent 300 for my coralife. Has a 3 led bar I keep on at night. But yeah, I'd rather get some fish over lights... Lol

So my nitrates went up so I did a pwc. Was at 5ppm, all other levels where great. I also order some reef cleaners (half the recommended amount as advised) and the Florida reef rock (15 lbs). My tank is clearing up, just seems forever.. Lol. But hopefully the pwc does the trick.

New additions to tank!!! 2 true clowns, s line wrasse, and a long tentacle anemone!!! Please, give me your thoughts...:fish2:

Last edited:
Clownfish made day one, buy my 6 line wrasse is mia.... I can't find him anywhere.... Also my anemone is just staying on it's side. It's open and moving it's tentacles, but hasn't set itself up.... Is this cause for concern? Am I doing something wrong? Do 6 lines usually hide?

Well having a nem in such a new tank is cause for concern in itself... many fish go into hiding while they settle, i wouldnt be worried about him just yet

Well the nem is doing good. Moving around and eating. The wrasse is what scares me. What should I avoid with a new tank? (fish, invert, etc) LFS came over, looked at the tank, done a lot to help with the set up. I know idk everything and I'm up for advice. Haven't been doing this that long. Any suggestions on how to get the clowns to host?

Clowns may or may not host, depending on what they want to do. I have maroon clowns and a sebae anemone and the only once has my maroon touched the anemone. It's a hit or miss.

Well, I got two of the lil clowns, so hopefully... Lol.... Plus I need to add more LR and coral... Also, I have two PH 802's, are they good? I had to turn them down because my clowns where riding the current like in the movie... Lmao...

Power head 802's (hagen's aqua clear).... 90 gal long, didn't exactly measure it... Lol... I have a picture posted.

What's the gph? I need to know this lol. I have 2 1300gph power heads in my 75g that is 4 ft long and it's doing well.

Back
Top Bottom