New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AipasiaX did the trick on the one little one I had. There are a couple of other methods as well. Get with Carey and she can give you a much better explination of how to rid the tank of them.

I took out some rocks that had BAD BAD aiptasias on it and poured boiling water over it and let it sit in fresh water for about 3 days, changing it daily. It killed the live rock but it also got rid of dozens of those things. :)

Ok, I'll get the lemon juice. I may just throw away the LR... Not a big piece...

Quick update before I have to play Army... Hawk fish is still alive and kicking. Feed him this morning. Inverts are great, greedy lil things, and nem is getting huge!!! The new lights have the corals blooming huge. Trumpets are growing a new head and I got some bluish green candy the other day. I'm going to try to add fish on the 15th.... This is all depending if the hawk is still doing ok. Any advice or suggestions on the mentioned idea? Also, what fish should I get?

Why does every site other than LA say Tangs only need 50g tanks? Even some ppl that are sponsored on this site...

i hope you can add a fish or two. i am really glad your hawkfish is still doing well.

i was watching a yellow tang in the store dance in his tank. i really wanted to get him.

Ok, my skimmer has broken in. Do I want to leave plug in the cup or use drain tube? And how do I use each???

if you have space for an external collector i would use that. should just be as easy as using tubing . push it on the nipple and the other end in a container.

thats what i would do anyway

coffeetwitch said:
if you have space for an external collector i would use that. should just be as easy as using tubing . push it on the nipple and the other end in a container.

thats what i would do anyway

But if I don't? Just gotta take off the cup and empty the water each time?

coffeetwitch said:
yes sir +15 blah blah blah

Dang... Thing feels up fast... I can't use the tube because the sump is to high... What if I put the tube in the same place as the sump, basically recycle the water. If it's bad, it'll be scooped up again. The skimmer is still collecting the crap...

Back
Top Bottom