New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coffeetwitch said:
Has it been two weeks since you got your pretty clown?

That means you got alot of food for the tusk until you have to reorder.

A week for the clown... Couldn't resist.. I was more worried about the silent killer then him having a disease.

And your right... Lol...

redsea said:
Very nice! Glad he is still doing well!

Yeah, only been in a half day, but as long as the silent killer is gone, I'll slowly start restocking...

Kio707 said:
Yeah, only been in a half day, but as long as the silent killer is gone, I'll slowly start restocking...

Sounds good! What other fish do you want? (sorry if you already mentioned)

redsea said:
Sounds good! What other fish do you want? (sorry if you already mentioned)

Lol... Funny you ask... Just got back from LFS, here are a one spot fox face and green mandrin.... Fox is a lil stressed... Lol...

Last edited:
coffeetwitch said:
cool what are you planing to feed your mandarin?

Going to up my pod population. Already been adding them, just got another bottle... I need advice. The LFS I bought theses guys from QT's all his fish. Most for 10 days, Tangs for 15-20. Should I go ahead and QT too? He literally has a row of QT tanks and most fish are separated. Wouldn't sell me a B&W because he just got them in. He may not always know the answers about fish size, but he'll look it up right in front of you. Plus he's a lil pricey... But his tanks are always clean. What do y'all think about the QTing?

i really dont know much about the product. its a frozen food. i asked about it on here but no one replied hope you had heard about it when you bought yours. owner of my sw lfs said he had several clients that used the product for their mandarins. oh yeah the store is just his front, hes got a business caring for and setting up client's tanks.

coffeetwitch said:
i really dont know much about the product. its a frozen food. i asked about it on here but no one replied hope you had heard about it when you bought yours. owner of my sw lfs said he had several clients that used the product for their mandarins. oh yeah the store is just his front, hes got a business caring for and setting up client's tanks.

I'll look into it, thanks...

coffeetwitch said:
payday cant get here soon enough. tomorrow is my friday so i may pre trip to the lfs and see if i can get more info on it.

Please share what you find out. And ideas on the QTing?

man you are talking to a guy that doesnt qt yet. i still have to get one set up.

ive had more luck just floating the bag and then putting in the tank. ive tried drip acclimating a couple times and its never ended well for me. this is what works for me... so far.

coffeetwitch said:
man you are talking to a guy that doesnt qt yet. i still have to get one set up.

ive had more luck just floating the bag and then putting in the tank. ive tried drip acclimating a couple times and its never ended well for me. this is what works for me... so far.

I still drip, just that fall out scares the H€LL outta me.

Back
Top Bottom