New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mandarin holding rock... Was afraid he was dead, so I poked it... Yeah.. He's not happy with me right now... Guess that's his sleeping spot, because he went right back to it... Lol

Last edited:
coffeetwitch said:
eating well? are you adding any pods or are you confident that you have an ample base for him?

man kio im envious of him.

Lol.... He's doing good, however, I did add more pods... He didn't go after them. So he's either eating the frozen or about to die on me... Hoping it's the frozen... And the bleenie blends in so well, but I took pics. Also of the clowns together... Btw twitch, my b&w has no orange...

Last edited:
coffeetwitch said:
hahaha i like it.

what kind of frozen food are you feeding the mandarin?

how are the clowns getting along?

Just frozen brine shrimp. I also got the San Fran cocktail... He's eaten pellets too. The ones the greedy fox face hasn't stolen... The clowns are great as u can see.. Took a min to warm up to each other. At first the b&w was trying to swim with the orange and it would run away. After a bit the orange came around, but seemed to but at it.... I had the net ready... But it took the b&w to the middle of the tank and they have been great.

coffeetwitch said:
thats good to hear. hope everything continues to work out.

You and me both, brother... After the massacre... I'm still real nervous.

Woke up this morning and almost had a heart attack... I didn't see the clowns anywhere! Looked under the arch and they where by the nem.... <phew>

Glad everything is going smoothly. Also amazed that your mandarin is eating pellets, you lucked out big time on that one. :) Mine still only eats frozen, wish she would eat pellets but as long as she is eating I am glad. Mine is actually getting a bit pudgy, kinda like every other fish I have. LOL

carey said:
Glad everything is going smoothly. Also amazed that your mandarin is eating pellets, you lucked out big time on that one. :) Mine still only eats frozen, wish she would eat pellets but as long as she is eating I am glad. Mine is actually getting a bit pudgy, kinda like every other fish I have. LOL

Yeah, surprised me too... I fed it frozen this morning. Can't wait to see the clam open when I get home. Lights went out before I could get it to open all the way. I'm going back today and getting a blue spotted watchmen goby... It's pretty big... About 3-4 in long.

Nice .:) I really want a clam too, just havent found the right deal yet and I'm still iffy on my lighting. lol

Blue spotted watchmen are really neat in my opinion, saw some on LA and they look awesome.

Just waiting for my tank to mature a little more before I get a clam. Thinking that would be a great Christmas gift. :) I think clams are some of the prettiest things in this hobby.

Tank full of life!!! And the lawnmower bleenie is huge!!!

Last edited:
How does a 10" fish need 50g tank, yet a 7" needs 100g????? Both butterflies.

Back
Top Bottom