New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wait just a min 180 is acceptable but not 200? they're so close to being the same in terms of size... I do understand though, my wife is already unimpressed with the size of the qt tank we have running... so when the display is here and we have them both going for a while I'm sure something will be said. But good luck gettign the one you want/need! (feed the habit)

I catch crap for my 90 now... Lol... Not going to risk losing the 125 I got the ok on... Lmao.

Well, good news!!! I get to keep the 90g, even after I get my bigger tank!!! I think my bigger tank will be FOWLR and have trigger, harlequin tusk, lion fish, and other fish... Going to be a 150g I think. Any ideas or suggestions???

hahaha yep. and yours you.

as it stands now we are getting rid of the 75 with out getting a bigger tank.

idk man. you could do a lot of cool things with your new tank. happy b-day btw. the tusk and lion would be cool. a sailfin and some butterflies. maybe a sweetlips. me personally im not a big fan of triggers. i would say if you do triggers, thats going to limit you stocking options wouldnt it?

Maybe... Not sure. B'day isn't till dec, so I got a lot research to do till then...

If you have phosphates or an algae issue then I think that its a good deal. If not then it's kind of a waste of money in my opinion. :)

I got the slime algae going on, but I did cut back on feedings and lighting... Thought this might help out a bit...

Kio707 said:
I got the slime algae going on, but I did cut back on feedings and lighting... Thought this might help out a bit...

Turbo Snails can help a lot too, I have five and they plowed through my cyanobacteria! :)

coffeetwitch said:
I did some changing around in my tanks and slaughtered a ton of them. Should I regret that?

I'm sure you still have some left.They will multiply depending on food availability.It is one of those things if you have to many,you are probably overfeeding,but a few are great as part of cuc.

Thanks for the advice... Also, got new additions. 3 zebra turbos & sand shifting star... I'm into stars lately.. Oh, also the worst happened, the misbar killed the b&w... :(... Shoulda seen it coming, but didn't. But now the misbar is starting to host the RBTA... Guess there is a silver lining...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom