New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like everyone one says,real nice tank,except for the algae on the glass.A mag-float probably won't remove it.You need to get the metal blade scraper to get that off. CUC can't handle that much on glass.Sooner you scape it off it sooner it will stop multiplying on your glass.

True. I was just curious if the issue was immediately identifiable. :)

Thats some crazy algae though, I wouldn't even know where to start. good luck with it, I hope the phosban reactor will help. Would like to be able to see ALL of your tank..lol

Tomorrow is maintenance day, so I'll get it scraped off... Thanks.. After video is next... Lol

Kio707 said:
Tomorrow is maintenance day, so I'll get it scraped off... Thanks.. After video is next... Lol

Even if all your parameters are perfect,you will still get some of that hard type algae on your glass.Welcome to the pain in the ___ part of reef keeping .LOL

Going to use a pot scrubber to get the algae off... It's glass safe and brand new..

Kio707 said:
Going to use a pot scrubber to get the algae off... It's glass safe and brand new..

I would rethink that.It might still scratch your glass.Better to get the glass scraper make for aquariums.

Ricksreef said:
I would rethink that.It might still scratch your glass.Better to get the glass scraper make for aquariums.

Used it on my 75g FW all the time... It's not like a Brillo or green pad. Kinda like a bug remover used on cars...

Understandable.... Yeah, would never use anything course or harsh... But good looking out...

Ricksreef said:
Oh,ok,just didn't want you scratching you're tank.

My tank is about 12 years old (just converted to SW) and I only had one small scratch. Of course after cleaning it I forgot about it and ended up putting that side to the front. Can you say "Dumb @$$". I thought you could. LOL

After clean up #1 and 20% pwc.. Water is cloudy due to algae... My pwc water was green! Doing sides tomorrow... Also, a urchin hurts worse to get stung by then a fox face... Just throwing that out there...

Last edited:
coffeetwitch said:
got nailed by them both?

Yep... Didn't see urchin on algae... Almost lost a light on that... And apparently the fox face was sleeping by the far right cave and I started it. Scared me too.. Lol

coffeetwitch said:
pee on it.

Vinegar works just as good... Thanks, Jess... Lol... I'm use to jellyfish and as u know, playing in the woods, u get stung by all kinds of bugs. Btw, liveaquraia sales jelly fish... Got me thinking..

Back
Top Bottom