New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do it Carey. Some one needs to give it a good home. Your garage is still better than some.

David, glad your mandarin is doing well. I'm still patiently waiting for my pod population to build. Hard to tell where I'm at on that. I did come home from work yesterday and saw some on the glass. is that enough? I still plan on pods+. Carey I lost that link you sent me about pods on sale. That was a while ago so I guess sale is over.

Man I wish I knew more about more fish. All I can do is follow along. Anthias are supposed to be hard to keep. And both of u seem to be doing well with yours.

Carey- Need a good group of Tangs to put in the 180g. Want color and variety. Will be FOWLR and will have a tusk and lionfish in it.

this is the fun part! I would go with a yellow, blue hippo, purple and a Kole. :-D

I love the yellow and blue ones they really liven up a tank, the purple is just so darn cool, lol and the kole would be a great social tang.

I would also consider a convict tang and/or a clown tang.

They would go with the lion fish and husk? Also looking at Salfin... Plus the clown tang requires a 250.

Ahh I knew the clown was gonna be the tricky one. My bad...:-( LOL

I think the tusk would go with them just fine. I'm not too sure about a lionfish though, but don't they only eat fish they can fit in their mouth? I would think the tangs would be safe. The ones I like are listed as peaceful or semi aggressive so they might be able to hold their own. if anything, the yellow might be the bully, mine is. hehe Very much the tank leader in my tank. All the other fish follow him around and he initiates each fish that has gone into the tank. lol

Or what about a blonde naso? I was looking at them one time too. If I ever upgrade I'll be getting one of them. lol

Not sure on the aggression levels, I think if introduced last that he would be fine.

Some people like the powder tangs, me, I just don't see the allure. I like bright colors and flashy things though, kinda how I am. You gotta see me in real life, I'm quite flashy, love my pinks and purples, even in my hair. ! LOL

Achilles is my favorite... but it is expert only. I am by far no expert.

Back
Top Bottom