New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol... I'm good. I gotta work at the club tonight, so I got some rest. Well, here is the best pic I could get of "mr. Triggerfish"... Lol

Last edited:
Kio707 said:
Ur jealous?!? Ur tank is awesome! I saw the video, very nice.

Lol. Thanks. But your tank looks like its right from the ocean. As twitch puts it- my tank is spartan. Lol

Jlsardina said:
Lol. Thanks. But your tank looks like its right from the ocean. As twitch puts it- my tank is spartan. Lol

Lmfao... Yeah, but urs just started. Mine took 5 months. When u get 5 months, then we will compare. What light are u using? I'm getting a 180g and making it a fowlr.

Kio707 said:
Lol... I'm good. I gotta work at the club tonight, so I got some rest. Well, here is the best pic I could get of "mr. Triggerfish"... Lol

My Triggerfish looks awesome! I love his fins!

(I come up with such creative names, don't I, :lol:)

Jlsardina said:

+1 looks like you took a slice of the great barrier reef.

Kio707 said:
Lmfao... Yeah, but urs just started. Mine took 5 months. When u get 5 months, then we will compare. What light are u using? I'm getting a 180g and making it a fowlr.

Lol. If you include the 90 then my tank is 5 months. I just need to spend the money for 300 lbs more rock. Lol.

I'm using three ecoray60D LEDs.

Jlsardina said:
Lol. If you include the 90 then my tank is 5 months. I just need to spend the money for 300 lbs more rock. Lol.

I'm using three ecoray60D LEDs.

Where did you get them from? (the lights). How much? Also, if u go to reefcleaners, u can get some great rock, and big sizes. Same rock I have.

Kio707 said:
Where did you get them from? (the lights). How much? Also, if u go to reefcleaners, u can get some great rock, and big sizes. Same rock I have.

We went in on a bulk buy with people at my LFS. Total with tax and shipping per unit came to 350$ a piece. But the par ratings are amazing when I looked at tests done on the Internet.

And this sounds bad, but... I've been slowly picking up spare rocks from sea walls around the island and in some areas of town and setting them aside. Gonna pick up some more next week and start curing them as a base rock. I'm a big fan of free. I've found some nice pieces. Some boulder, some flat and curved. All sizes. I figure since I already have 100lbs of live rock that 300 lbs wouldn't be that difficult to seed over to live in a few months.

Attachments

• image-1645623731.jpg
    image-1645623731.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 69
  • image-2062443178.jpg
    image-2062443178.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 65
Jlsardina said:
We went in on a bulk buy with people at my LFS. Total with tax and shipping per unit came to 350$ a piece. But the par ratings are amazing when I looked at tests done on the Internet.

And this sounds bad, but... I've been slowly picking up spare rocks from sea walls around the island and in some areas of town and setting them aside. Gonna pick up some more next week and start curing them as a base rock. I'm a big fan of free. I've found some nice pieces. Some boulder, some flat and curved. All sizes. I figure since I already have 100lbs of live rock that 300 lbs wouldn't be that difficult to seed over to live in a few months.

Probably take a month... So u have 3 for ur tank?

Kio707 said:
Probably take a month... So u have 3 for ur tank?

Yes- but when I get some more money I really want to buy a fourth. There is ample light now- but I want to make sure even the sides don't go dim. I have a 220 so it's 6 ft long. From the lights to the bottom of the tank is approximately 32 inches

Jlsardina said:
Yes- but when I get some more money I really want to buy a fourth. There is ample light now- but I want to make sure even the sides don't go dim. I have a 220 so it's 6 ft long. From the lights to the bottom of the tank is approximately 32 inches

Yeah, mine will be a 180 that is 6'x27hx24w. Something close to that... Lol... Ur not doing corals or nem, right?

Kio707 said:
Yeah, mine will be a 180 that is 6'x27hx24w. Something close to that... Lol... Ur not doing corals or nem, right?

Yes. I have a reef tank with an anenome and maxima clams. Are all doing very well

Back
Top Bottom