New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
Yep, I wish we had an answer. I;m still second guessing what happened to the fish I had that died. My seahare, shrimp, other inverts and 3 of my fish survived and it just still baffles me why it didn't take everything out. My corals also were all fine.

sorry about your cardinal, I know this sucks big time for you. Here's hoping there's a sole survivor of this madness......

Thanks Carey... Yeah, the hawkfish is one fish I had to have, hope he pulls through all this.... Well, my cuc has been well fed after all this.... Guess it's the circle of life...

It is, and this mystery will haunt you as it does me. I really still haven't gotten over loosing my fish yet can you tell? lol But seriously, I hope you have luck with your last fish, and just go slow when it's time to re-stock. You'll have an awesome tank again in no time. On the plus side, I think you can still add corals as they aren't susceptible to fish illness generally. If it was an illness that got them. And your shrimp molting is a good sing too. :)

We'll just have to look at the positives!

Showing off some corals and tank lights. The floating stuff is the frozen food. Still had to feed the nem and hawkfish, as well as shrimp. I know some of my corals. Yellow polyp, mushroom, trumpet (thought it was candy cane), and devils hand (soft leather coral)... Rest just looked cool.. Lol.. U know what they are, please tell me so I don't look like an idiot when ppl ask...

Last edited:
I got a hitchhiker... Looks like the bad anemone.... Aspirai???? How do I get rid of it? It's on a lil live rock with a bunch of polyps....

TLTGF said:
Aptasia? Put kalkwasser injected into mouth, or boil it off.

What's kalkwasser? And it's on a LR with a whole bunch of polyps.... It's on the bottom left and right of pic.

Last edited:
Gboy66 said:
Could this be the silent killer???

Only two heads... I'd doubt it, but don't know to much on it.. I'll just throw away the polyps and LR it's on if so...

coffeetwitch said:
is he in qt? or sticking it out in the dt? man i wish i had answers for you,

DT..... If he ain't going to make it, not going to matter where he is. But he's looking strong...

I can't see properly what you were talking about, but if it IS aiptasia get rid of it asap before it spreads. It stings and can kill corals.

matthewh133 said:
I can't see properly what you were talking about, but if it IS aiptasia get rid of it asap before it spreads. It stings and can kill corals.

Get rid of the polyps too?

Back
Top Bottom