New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woke up this morning and the tank was 67 degrees... I have it set for 78.5. Anyone ever have to add another heater? I got the titanium one in the sump now. Suppose to be good up to 150g...

Does it have a thermostat in it? This happens to me the other day because my heater was set to 65 and I thought it was at 78.(it doesn't have numbers on it) just slowly raise the temp over the next few hours.

That isn't good. I have been a bit concerned over something like that happening to me as well. I plan on adding a second heater once I have a sump. My plan was to have one set where I want it and another just a tad lower. That way, if the one doesn't keep up for some reason the second one will kit in and give it a leg up.

SleepsWithFish said:
Does it have a thermostat in it? This happens to me the other day because my heater was set to 65 and I thought it was at 78.(it doesn't have numbers on it) just slowly raise the temp over the next few hours.

Yeah... It's a jbl. Has digital setting and separate thermostat.

rdnelson99 said:
That isn't good. I have been a bit concerned over something like that happening to me as well. I plan on adding a second heater once I have a sump. My plan was to have one set where I want it and another just a tad lower. That way, if the one doesn't keep up for some reason the second one will kit in and give it a leg up.

It's slowly raising... I'll add the other thermostat today.

I put the other heater I have for my QT on there. It's on rated for 75g, but it's just to help boost it during the winter. I set it for 76, while the jbj heater in the sump is digitally set at 78.5. Hopefully this will help out. May put the big heater in the tank...

I hate heaters. I've got two in my sump and they still don't hold a stable temp. I've got to invest in a better one. Also I lost 16-20 baby cichlids because the heater stuck on. May turn it into a sw qt.

coffeetwitch said:
ah yes. well sir, you have my hopes on everything being ok.

Saw everything. Still ok. Temp is up to 70. So it's in the "green zone". Also dug up the sand shifting star. Took a min to find it, but it shifted it's way back down. Gotta find another home for it. Although it is bigger.

Everyone is by the second heater... Guess they r cold. It's up to 71....

Woke up and tank was still at 73 degrees. Going to move the jbj into the tank and put the smaller heater in the sump. Atleast it wasn't at 68. May invest in another heater for the winter.

Nice fish. I looked at those but it says they are very aggressive tpwards other tangs. :-( I didn't wanna risk it with my the other eventual tangs I knew i would be getting.

Back
Top Bottom