new tank (new pics added 7/29/07)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sundiego

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got my tank. 100g bowfront. I still have to stain it. Cant wait to get started.

I should have it set up in a week or so. Here are some pics:

e87d40ef.jpg

e87d40d3.jpg
[/url]

pictures pictures pictures!

ps dont use a garden hose to fill it up! (lol... not saying you would, but thats what my dumbarse did when I set my tank up and basically wasted a whole bucket of reefcrystals rofl)

Looks nice. Does the glass top come off? Just wondering if there's enough room to get in and out through those holes.

Nice tank! May I ask where you purchased it from and how much? I drive down to San Diego every other weekend or so. :)

I got it at my local fish store, its called Vets Pets, and is located in El Cajon. The tank was $850 or so. I would definitely recommend them.

Mark

yeah i have ro/di as well. i sent it through the hose. smart right? yeah, drained it all and did it again with a vinyl tube lol =/

Agnate80700 said:
pictures pictures pictures!

ps dont use a garden hose to fill it up! (lol... not saying you would, but thats what my dumbarse did when I set my tank up and basically wasted a whole bucket of reefcrystals rofl)
u can use regular water as long as you're only doing it for the cycle.... shouldn't be a harm but RO is always the best water to use for it

I have some more pics of the tank. It is not plumbed yet, but is stained enjoy: The electrical is a mess right now, I still have to do some work there.

e85e29f7.jpg

e85e29e2.jpg

No water yet start of aquascaping. The next step is to set up the plumbing, add water, live rock...then cycle time..

Mark

e85aa2f0.jpg

e85aa2d7.jpg

e85aa2c2.jpg

I'm assuming the plastic grid is for securing rocks? Great idea! How did you attach the grid to the back panel? Nice looking setup, love the stand!

Thanks Curt. The grid in the back is to provide extra flow around the LR, and more stability to the rocks. I also have another sheet of acrylic behind the back grid. I will be using marine epoxy (if needed) to secure rocks to the back. I did not want to get marine epoxy on my tank so I used the extra sheet of acrylic on the back. Everything is held in place with Great Stuff. It comes off of acrylic fairly easily when cured.

Since my tank has a small footprint (18" in the middle and only 12" on the sides) I am going to try to do a step of of rocks from the front bottom of the tank to the rear top of the tank. I just hope it works. I'm new to this so we will see how it turns out. I should have water and LR in there in a week or so. I will post more pics then.

I guess I could just use zip ties to help secure the rock in back also. That may works better if needed. I used zip ties to secure the small fragments of coral on the sides of the eggcrate.

Mark

I've read where some ppl who used that foam for backgrounds had the whole thing break away from the tank and float. Maybe you should add some fresh water 1st to make sure your grid doesn't break away and float to the top.

Thanks for the heads up. What I will do is zip tie the back grid to the bottom grid. That way if it does come loose the weight of the rocks on the bottom grid will hold it all in place.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom