New tank plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the book, Thats what go me to finally take te plunge. I have looked at the eco metheod. I have a customer who I set up a 180 for with an eco system and it is doing great for the last 2 years.

On this tank i am going to run an ASM G5 skimmer with 4 Tunze streams with controllers ( not sure of the size yet). THe Streams will go into the rocks that Tunze sells to hide the pumps.

Lighting will be 3 or 4 Coralvue 250 14K bulbs with 4-72" VHO 50/50 tubes to compensate for the areas the Halides will be missing with the 36" width.

COrals will be LPS and softies!

I just hired the movng company to take it down my steps for me on monday the 20th. They have this cool conveyor that will take it down nice and easy!

Some pics will ome in the next few weeks!

I will probably do a 55 or 75 gallon DSB/ Macro fuge. The return pump will be an Iwaki or GenX pump rated for 1500 GPH. I am lettignthe streams take care of most of the water motion so the return pumps does not have to be to big.

I picked up the tank this past weekend. All i can say is WOW! This thing is eurobraced obn the top and the bottom of the tank. THe silicone is really nice and the size's are within a 1/16" of what i ordered! If you want a custom glass tank definately call www.glasscages.com

I ordered the Starphire glass on the front only but they even put it on the sides for no extra charge!

It took 6 movers to get it down my steps!I will be building the stand between christmas and new years and want to have water in it by the end of February!

I do not have a digital camera yet butdid snap some regular pics. When i get them developed i will post them.

captivereefs said:
The low lead glass added $120 and the oveflows were an extra $100 plus you need overflow covers for $50 a piece.

Darin, do you have a pic of the overflows cover that you can shared? I am thinking of doing the cover by myself for my 180g

the tank still sits on the floor. I just need more time and money! to get it up and running. You can see my new rec room has quickly been over run by kid stuff. A rummage sale is coming next month to clean out the old toys and raise money for the tank!!! You can see in the one shot the difference the low iron glass makes in terms of clarity! The stand needs a few more braces and it should be set. I just painted it with marine varnish to water proof it.

Attachments

• tank_836.jpg
    tank_836.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 50
the difference of the low iron glass. No green tint at all!!

Attachments

• glass_comparison.jpg
    glass_comparison.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 45
Hello Darin
Is that stand going to be strong enough to hold all that weight? I will post some pics of my stand.
P.S. thanks for all the help and the great merchandise.

How would you cover the overflows, you know, to cover the pipes? Why are they made in glass? I love the 240L at any rate, and that is an awesome price! They are coming to Tampa in October 1 which is about when I want to buy my new tank more or less.

Cant see the pics very well but it looked as the overflows were clear glass or acrylic? Or is the pic misleading? The stand you have made looks great and should easily hold that tank full. I made a stand outta 2x2's for my 125gal and has had NO problems at all. As long as the stand is made where the lumber is on end of another it will hold an enormous amount of weight. Looks GREAT! :)

gooyferret, just looked on the site and they have acrylic covers for the overflows. They are kind of cool looking. Look under costumer pics. I just wrote them to see if I can get a 180 with the overflows on the ends so I can do an in wall that you can see threw both sides. Was going to go for the 240 captive reefs was talking about or a 210, my husband even offered to pay the difference BUT my chiller is only a 1/4 hp, so I'll stick with what my equipment can handle lol.

yep they are acrylic overflow covers. I am not crazy about them but its a small thing. I along with 7 other friends put it on the stand this weekend! :D

Back
Top Bottom