Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #71
Aquarium Advice Addict

The coral Beauty is a hit or miss thing as far as your corals go. The 6 line is going to decimate your pod and micro-verts in no time flat. You don't know unless you try though.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #72
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well im hoping the 6line will eat frozen/flakes/pellets as my tank has only been up for going on 3 months. My pod population is nowhere near the level the 6line needs for pods only. Shame on me, but I haven't done too much research on the diet of the 6line. I knew it ate pods, just need to find out about prepared foods.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:32 PM   #73
Aquarium Advice Addict

It will more then likely eat pellets and other marine frozen foods. When you buy a fish for a reef tank, look to where the fish feeds. Does it eat corals or feed off the reef itself or does it feed in the water colume on zooplantion and things of that nature.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #74
Aquarium Advice Freak

thanks for the advice. never looked at it that way. going to need some eggcrate for the little jumper (as they say)
Old 06-16-2010, 04:33 AM   #75
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, I learned the hard way about jumpers or as I call them...carpet surfers!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:06 AM   #76
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sixline. Definately. There isn't a fish I could recommend more for a tank of this size. Colourful, always moving around the tank in and out of rocks, not a bad temperment and even eats pests that can be in your tank.

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:37 PM   #77
Aquarium Advice Freak

mitchell i was kinda hoping you'd chime in. TC has been great with is advice, but i knew you have a 6line and kinda hoped you'd give me some more info. on them. does yours eat prepared food or just pods ?? anything else that i need to know before getting one ?
Old 06-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #78
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by milhous3er View Post
mitchell i was kinda hoping you'd chime in. TC has been great with is advice, but i knew you have a 6line and kinda hoped you'd give me some more info. on them. does yours eat prepared food or just pods ?? anything else that i need to know before getting one ?
Ive had a sixline for nearly a year now. They eat anything given to them, or at least mine does. They eat pods as well, so dont get too attached to the pods.

I feed pellets, mysis, and cyclopeze and he eats everything very quickly. (Has to compete with two clowns and a strawbery baslet).

Mine isnt too aggressive, but has been a jerk a few times. (Chasing and biting the clowns).

He leaves all the other inverts. alone.
Matt
Old 06-17-2010, 03:16 AM   #79
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by milhous3er View Post
Mine eats everything. Frozen Mysis, little pellets and it loves live foods like brine. Won't touch nori though.

The only things you really need to know is that it sleeps in a kinda mucus cocoon. Don't worry about that. The cocoon doesn't harm the water quality. For more info read my write up on them in the Saltwater Fish and Coral Profiles forum.

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Old 06-17-2010, 03:18 AM   #80
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sixline Wrasse - Pseudocheilinus Hexataenia

Follow my 6G Pico build!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com