Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-28-2004, 02:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New tank ready for Sand and Rock! :) (pics)

We with everyone's help I was able to get my new hood built and all my powerheads/skimmer running. I just picked up some sand last night and my RO/DI unit and base rock should be here monday. With any luck I should have the new water mixed and be ready to aquascape by next weekend.

My equipment so far
Pro-Heat II 200w
AquaC remora w/ Maxi 1200
2- Maxi 900's
Deep 6 hydro
Kent Sea Salt
45lbs Caribsea Argonite Sand
30lbs of hirocks on the way for base
30lbs of live rock from LFS when the tank is ready
110GPD RO/DI from Filterdirect (ebay)

I would like to start a sump project a few months from now once I have a little more free time.

Here are pics of my progress:
BEFORE----------------------------- (My buddy gave me his old tank)

The new and improved w/ new hood

ringwurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 03:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
What du just paint it and build a hood? Looks great.

kidkameleon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 03:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Many coats of paint and a light kit from ahsupply.com
One 10k and one dark blue PC bulbs.
ringwurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:19 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
to save you some time i would add the base rock then the sand and if ya can have the ro unit drip water into the tank very very slow over a rock this will help the cloud of sand (if its fine sand like southdown) and ya wont be waiting for a week to clear up !! what i ended up doing on mine was i filled it to fast so i drained it and then filled realllllll slow took like 7 hours for a 90 but after that ya could see into it by morning was alot better !! then i added the salt !! i dont like adding salt right into a tank with rock and sand but instead added it to the sump and let it disolve its way into the tank good luck looks good
good luck keith
scuba_steve is offline   Reply With Quote

pics, rock, sand, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com