New tank setup help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidelijah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help please anyone,I have a 30 gal with 2 blue devil & 2 three strip damsel & 2 emerald crab.My tanks been up and going over a week,when can I add coral?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Did you add all those fish with in a week? What light are you running? If it's only been running a week then your no where near ready to add coral as it's probably still cycling. I've always wait at least three months to add coral

If your tank has only been set up for a week, has it gone through its cycle yet? What are the water parameters?
Marinedepot.com | Reef Tank Parameters
Not to sure about the cycle,I'm guessing yes because everything in the tank is doing great and really not sure what water parameters are,but I can say my water temp is right and so is my salt level.Shoot having a heard time with this app.But the last guy said wait 3 months before I put in coral so I'll wait,thanks for responding because I've been having a hard time getting advice

Yes only 8 days and not sure about the light it came with tank,when I do get the coral what light do you say I should get?You know what's in my tank and I will not be putting in no more fish or anything,just some coral and that's for responding

Your going to need to test your water, or you will kill the coral you add to it.

A liqui test kit is a must for the salty side of this hobby. Water quality is a up most importance. Also your stock light won't support any coral an I would look on upgrading it

Thanks I will pick up the kit and what kind of light should I get?

I use the Chinese black boxes or the Tao tatronics (that's not even close to the correct spelling sorry) but really it mattes on what coral you want to keep really as sps need more light the Lps and fleshy corals

Ok cool thanks and I do have hardy fish in my tank&crab so the light change should be fine

Fish should be fine for any light change but make sure to read up on different corals an there requirements while waiting for your tank to mature an then you should be fine with the right equipment

Back
Top Bottom