new tank setup question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach119

Aquarium Advice Activist
i just got my 29 gallon setup i have the ro water in it and i added the salt today i also have a bak pak 2 on the right side of my tank and a power filter on the left. i have two powerheads one is a jbj model 1800 and i also have a penguin power sponge filter that is 170 gph i set my jbj towards the bottof of the tank underneath the power filter and i have the penguin on the other side with the baffle pointing up to the top of the water to create a nice wave the penguin is right by my bak-pak now my question is is the placement of the powerheads ok or do i have to move them? this is my fist tank so im looking for a lil advice any will help thanx

As long as you have a nice combo of cross currents it will be fine. All pointing in different directions to cause lots of flow in every direction is good. When you get your corals, you may have to rearrange to accommodate different levels of flow for some types of corals.

Back
Top Bottom