Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #151
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ill try the zoa con, ive been soaking food in kents garlic gaurd. I bought some metronidazole by seachem as it was fairly inexpensive, i want to add a tang so bad but i cant afford to keep loosing them to the ich thats in my systrm already by adding them to an ich tank. All my other fish build up an immunity, and my clown is able to keep clean with his nem so he hasnt had a problem but i see white spots on him occasionaly

Old 05-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #152
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimdim View Post
Ill try the zoa con, ive been soaking food in kents garlic gaurd. I bought some metronidazole by seachem as it was fairly inexpensive, i want to add a tang so bad but i cant afford to keep loosing them to the ich thats in my systrm already by adding them to an ich tank. All my other fish build up an immunity, and my clown is able to keep clean with his nem so he hasnt had a problem but i see white spots on him occasionaly
It sounds like you may just want to keep treating for a while, let your tank mature a bit more and then go from there. I would wait a few months before adding anymore fish. It will help all the way around but by then the ich will sure to be gone. Also, why don't you consider going with a yellow tang. They are very hardy and do well in a 75. They will add some nice color in there as well and they will eat everything in site.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #153
Aquarium Advice Freak

A yellow is all I have, it has survived a clown tang and powder blue illness. I love them very colorful and to me kinda a tank tradition. Sailfins are sweet also. Sorry to hear about all the bad luck, I've had a lot of issues in the past with other tanks, very discouraging. My watchmen I've had since 08' was missing for six mouths till he came out, pretty bad when that was when I had my 12g nano lol. Just keep your head up
Old 05-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #154
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hey sorry i haven't been posting lately! Ive been dealing with fish dying i lost my tang and my damsel to ich. Wont be adding anymore fish for a few more weeks, although I did just purchase a HUGE long tentacle anenome for 50 bucks. Its bigger then my head ! And its foot is almost as long as my forearm! Im picking it up at 530 and going to be adding him tonight. Hope all goes well.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #155
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry about your losses. What treatment are you using for ich? I just added a court jester goby 2 days ago and this morning I noticed a white spot on his tail fin. Not sure if its ich but if it is I'll need some ideas for treatment.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #156
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I used reefx. Worked like a charm, also dosed kents garlic extreme and used metronidazle as a food soak for infected fish
Old 05-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #157
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks, I've been trying to read as much as possible on it today.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:48 AM   #158
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It's good to use preventative measures and quarantine if at all possible as well. I use marine Maxx almost anytime I add a fish and it also goes through a quarantine. This will save you a great deal of trouble esp when you get to a bigger tank and it becomes a problem to catch the fish or treat the tank as a whole.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #159
Aquarium Advice Addict

Don't want to hijack your thread Dim. Thanks for the info, I'd love a Qt tank but space is an issue. Good news is my court jester goby doesn't have ich. No spots today! Yay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130518_141638.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	174367
Old 05-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #160
Aquarium Advice Addict

You may still have ich in the ank it falls off the fish for a few days then returns

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan, transfer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com