New TankBioCube 29G - CLOUDY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nxb161

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Wow, I expected the sand to make the water cloudy, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. I guess I just need to wait for it to settle and keep the filter cartridge clean. My rocks only look like shady objects in the tank at this point. How many days should I look forward to this murky water?
I used aragonite sand. At least I have my temp and salinity in range at this point. I was just wondering if all the cloudy particles are affecting my hydrometer reading.

The sand shouldn't effect the hydrometer. Your best bet is to turn off your filter and power heads for a day or two to give the sand a chance to settle. That should clear you right up.

Sounds normal to me. Give it a few days. You did rinse the sand out before you added right?

No I didn't since I ended up going with BioActive sand that was already wet. Things are getting a lot clearer! :eek:) At first light wouldn't even go through an inch, then I could see shadows of the rocks, now I can see the rocks in front in details and a blurry look of the ones in the back. I just need to be patient. Once I can see everything I'll want to rearrange the rocks, and I'm sure that'll stir it up again, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Back
Top Bottom