New to AA and Saltwater! Looking for some advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now she`s good to go. Those lights should be good to go for moderate light corals.

That fixture is okay, but it won't let you control the 10k and the 420nm seperately for a dawn and dust affect. It's either all on or all off. You should be able to grow Zoas and most LPS's with no problem. SPS's would have to be put higher up and as near to the surface as can be to get the intense light that SPS's need. You can also grow mushrooms too.

You are correct. I should have read the whole thing. It has timers so it should be okay for lthe dawn/dust lighting.

Update

Checked water parameters today. All things are good, Nitrates are a little high so ima do a PWC in a couple hours and that should take care of it. Have a new refractometer coming in the mail this week!
I also pulled the tank I will be upgrading to out of the garage and gave it a little clean. Cant really do much with it till after the wedding but since I was cleaning out the garage today I figured I would pull it out and store it in the house. I will probably paint the background glass pretty soon.

Here are some pics of the current setup and the Future set up.

Attachments

• P2150237.jpg
    P2150237.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 82
  • P2150241.jpg
    P2150241.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 86
  • P2150242.jpg
    P2150242.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 90
That new tank will look great when you get around to setting it up.

So Plans are still on hold due to wedding funding but my Grandpa did come through once again. He called and said he has a filter for me and he was sending with my mom to give to me. well long story short. I now have a fluval 405 Filter.
Guess I can check the filter off my list.

Back
Top Bottom