New to corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bray84

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi so I've upgraded my light to LEDs and going start getting some corals soon. I understand the water levels as been in hobby just under 18 months now would like know some good start up corals but none that will grow like pests, I've already got few mushroom and gsp that came with rock.

Also do you add them like fish with the drip method. Thanks for any info giving.

Well gsp is a pest coral lol. I hate ever putting it in my tank. Um zoas are great, as well as any of the euphyllia corals, Duncan's, toadstool coral, candy canes, favias. The list goes on lol. If you aren't sure just run it by the forum. Stay away from sps for now as well

Hi yeah I know gps grows like mad but the rock with it on is on its own so hope it only grows on rock as want try get island of it. Why stay away from Sps kind. Thanks

Oh just until you get some lps under your belt. Maybe not stay away but start with easier ones like montipora and birdsnest. Acros can drive you crazy lol

I was looking at some Acropora why I asked but understand Sps need better water than lps so will have to take look at coral site see what I like as was looking at some Zoas and Purple Acropora for first corals but wanted other ideas.

If you do attempt acros some species are definitely easier than others. A. millepora is easy and stags are pretty easy

Ok thanks will have a think but going to get some Zoas on weekend and go from there. Only real thing I'm worried about is in the summer tank temp goes up abit so going have to sort that out.

Back
Top Bottom