new to forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

driftfc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello everyone, i've been into saltwater aquariums for a couple of months now. so far all i can say is wow what an experiance its been.

my tank being right now is a 18g tall, with a aqualight corallight 96w 50/50(atinic/daylight), a aquaclear 50 series filter with a fluval surface skimmer, surge 300 powerhead.
and my skocklist is
2 green chromis
1 yellowtail blue damsel
1 adult sebae clownfish
1 algae blenny
blue-striped mushrooms
blue/purple mushrooms
purple yuma mushrooms
brown polyps
2 condy's
1 blue/purple ricordia
1 red tulip anemone
1 sebae anemone
6 astrea snails
1 mexican turbo snail
6 hermits crabs?
1 unidenifyed conch
3 urchins
1 fiddler crab
1 inidenifyed bivalve
1 million baby feather dusters
2 sea squirts
1 baby brittle star
I know it sounds like a lot but every thing is pretty small now and later on down the road i plan on going bigger but for now i love my little nano. i will post pics later. thanks zack

sory bout that. i didnt see that. also do you think my light is enough? and what are some telltale signs ich? thanks zack

hello, welome to AA!!!! :D :D
What kind of signs are you seeing?
Thats quite a crowded tank. Did you use qt for the fish???

heres some pics.

Attachments

• tank_front_874.jpg
    tank_front_874.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 40
  • fishes.jpg
    fishes.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 52
  • small_condy.jpg
    small_condy.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 25
That's a really slick setup you've got. Drop a single metal halide pendant (175 or 250w) or even simply double your PC lighting with another 50/50 -- you'll notice a significant improvement in both lighting and your list of corals will appreciate it greatly. :)

I wouldn't say you're crowded as your choice of fish is excellent for the situation (and the rockwork is setup quite well) - however, if there were two suggestions I would make it would be this: remove the yellow-tail damsel (you'll thank me later), and add no more fish. Ok, three suggetions -- you can always use more light! :D

Try taking some pictures without your flash to see the true colors of your tank. :)

thanks for the comp. i dont have enough room for another 50/50 bulb, but lately i have been putting a 15w atinic flor over it. as for the yellowtail i know he going to get mean later but until then my fiance wont let me get rid of him :? anyways thanks

Back
Top Bottom